What a busy time it has been. Since finishing the e-commerce package, I have completed two holiday assignments, a lab assignment and had a test, as well as had two massive rehearsals for the Sistas conference which starts tomorrow. It is going to be BIG.
I know it sounds strange that I am going to the Sistas conference (which you would have guessed from its name is very feminine), but I am not going as a delegate, I am a musician. If you are not familiar with church conferences, and why there are musicians, we have musical items at the start of most of the sessions, as well as worship in most of the meetings (all of the morning and night meetings).
All of my assignments went fine, and the test was incredibly easy, but we (me and silvermace) got ripped to shreads by our tutor for our OO/TDD paper today; he was ticking off our lab from last week, and he felt that we went way too hardout for the assignment. We say we are just too l337. Anyhow, the assignment was to make some extensions to a rather simple screensaver application which consisted of shapes bouncing around the screen, including nesting shapes. We decided that we should do a mini, 2D scene graph, where no object knows its absolute screen co-ordinate, only its position relative to its parent. Anyhow, we figured that since a whole bunch of the code was common to every shape that could be inserted, we would just chuck it all in the superclass. Apprently we're not supposed to have loads of stuff in the abstract superclass, it should only contain simple stuff, but we figured that since we only had the general stuff in there that we would be ok, obviously not. Anyhow, lesson learnt, rant over.
Today's lab task was easy as, it involved altering a vector-graphics program to allow move/resize operations to be undone and redone. We were supposed to test-drive the development, and today we did, but it took us so long to work out how the program worked, which seemed to defeat the purpose of TDD (because we ended up stepping through with the debugger to figure out what the execution path of the code was). Anyhow it was easy once we worked out how the program was structured. Which takes me back to TDD, it is a nice idea, and I would like to be able to accept it and use it, but for the examples we have used, it is just so annoying. Maybe when we get to code stuff from scratch it will come in handy.
Went to Movenpick at Mission Bay tonight for lifegroup, it was awesome. Good ice-cream. But not even that was the highlight of my week, it was, drumroll please, having one of my best friends from high-school come and stay with us for a few days. It was awesome, and it probably won't happen again for a while but, it was totally cool!
Anyhow, I really should go to bed now, I have to go and do an advanced vote tomorrow before rehearsal otherwise I probably won't end up doing it, and I also need a decent night's sleep because it is the last one I will get for a few days I think.
Asta la Vista, baby.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Supermodel Heidi Klum has baby boy
World travel and annual medical insurance plans from independent advisors Medibroker International.
Wow, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have an##ONLINE## ##MONEY## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##ONLINE## ##MONEY## related stuff that you can use for your own business.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Gotta love spam!
Post a Comment