Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A new project

Danu (aka Silvermace) and I are going to make our own database back end. I am not going to talk about the specifics yet, because there's no IP protection better than silence, but it is going to be very lite. We reckon it would be cool to make an sql server that could be integrated directly into applications, and I have come up with some cool other ideas.

Meanwhile, I am getting closer to a second client for the e-commerce package ( I haven't even delivered to the first client, but thats their fault not mine ) which will be cool because if I get this one it means I will be able to afford hosting and a domain name to try and sell it on-line (using my own store) to make even more money. If I can make enough that I don't need to do part-time work during the year then I could actually spend more time developping it, and making even more money! I will probably have to add a few new features to the e-commerce package for the new client such as PayPal and integration with their stock system. Danu might also licence me some stuff form Swift Direct (mainly their builder), and on top of that I'll probably write my own stock system (for people who are setting up a new business), so I'll be able to provide a solution for just about anybody.

I have a lot of plans for the e-commerce package further down the road, but for what it has at the moment, at just more than half of the least you'll pay for a more notable product I think it is probably a good deal. I don't know where I will find time for much of this though, its very tight at the moment! I'll make it somehow though.

On a side-note, I think I am going to start playing quake 3 again, not this month though, our bandwidth is nearly gone!

Adios Amigos.

No comments: