Monday, October 24, 2005

A sight for sore eyes

Well, if you have been following this blog (or if you read a little lower on this page even) you'll know that the last two weeks of my life have been very, very crazy! I have a konfabulator widget which puts a very nice looking to-do list on my desktop, and two weeks ago it had 10 entries on it. It has been rather satisfying to delete the items one by one (or sometimes even two at a time), and now to look at a single dummy entry which says "You have nothing to do". I've been making the most of having nothing to do the last few days: my average sleep-time for the last four nights has been 11 hours, today I spent an hour or so outside in the sun and got a little bit of sun-burn/tan which will kick the summer off nicely, and, I even tidied up a few bugs in the e-commerce package and made the code pass through the w3c xhtml validator (which is more than I can say for this blog!).

Sadly, the "nothing to do" is not quite true, I have to start studying for my exams tomorrow, which will last about two weeks, after which I will have 6 days to have a shave, get a haircut, get the rest of the money from my e-commerce package, have a rest, and finalise the details of my new job!

I have been looking at bikes on trademe, and I think i will be able to get a road-bike for an un-outrageous sum of money; infact I could get one for under $10 if I wanted to spend some time working on it, which might well be a good way to spend a relaxing saturday afternoon (certainly better than sitting inside writing a blog entry or listening to a podcast).

I have a few computer things I do want to get done after exams though,
  1. Get paid the rest of what I am owed for the e-commerce site.
  2. Move over to using linux as my main operating system and run windows from within QEMU, thus allowing me to have a raid 0 setup.
  3. Make an xhtml1.0 compliant template for this blog.
  4. Finish my DB and UI abstraction layers for PHP.
  5. Make superlucky support RSS.
  6. Numerous improvements to the ecommerce package.
I reckon that list will probably keep me busy all summer, so I won't try too hard to add to it. Mind you, I don't think I'll be doing as much socialising this summer as I did last summer (what with being up in Auckland, and trying to save money), so you never know.

Anyhow, I had best go to bed so that i can get up and do a full day's study tomorrow, I hope it's good weather so that I can sit on the roof and read after I am finished studying.

Thankyou and goodnight.

No comments: