Right, now that I have shoked you with that evocative title, I will explain myself. I bought a new bike last night. Yes I know that this is the third bike in as many months, but this is the last one, honest.
Seriously, this bike should be the last bike I buy for several years, and I didn't get it from trademe, I bought it brand new and got a really good deal on it. The bike is a Specialized Allez 2006 model, and I got aero bars, a cadence computer, and pedals and cleated shoes to go with it, all for the original retail price of the base bike.
I haven't taken it for a decent blat yet, 'cause the weather is bad and I was busy last night and I decided not to ride it to work today because I figured that rush-hour traffic, wet weather and learning to use cleats would be a bit much all at once.
I am thinking of starting another blog to track the progress of my Big Ride, although it seems a little narcissistic.
I'll keep you posted.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment