As you may or may not know, I have been working at a company called Beca for the past three and a half months, doing mainly desktop support work, with a little bit of oddjobbing and some software development thrown in for some flavour. I have to say that despite the fact that it has meant forgoing a 14 week summer in beautiful Tauranga, it has been quite fun. The time has flown by at a rate of knots (how time can fly at a rate of speed I don't know because that would imply that it is not only moving, but accellerating), I have sat at seven different desks and used four different computers, and I am leaving with mixed feelings. On the one hand I am quite excited to get back to uni and do some more learning, and have a rest, but on the other hand I have settled in quite nicely here and I think I will miss the place. Lucky for me the people I have been working with and for seem quite keen for me to come back next summer, so my job for next summer is pretty much sorted!
Today has been a little slow however as I haven't really had a whole heap of work to do, but I guess that is quite understandable for your last day of work! I did work out how to make those very cool looking glass buttons that every man and his dog has on his web page, and then I realised that they aren't all that great unless you use them in the right context anyway!
I rode to work today, and my knee seemed alright, but then again it was a short ride, mostly down hill, and it was on my old 10-speed rather than my new bike (which is the one responsible for my blown-out knee anyway). I think I am going to ride the old bike to uni all week next week, and strengthen my knee up before I put my feet back into cleats.
Will somebody please post a comment on this blog if they read it! I don't think I am getting any readers.
Friday, February 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're reading :-)
I'm a different anonymous that is also reading.
Post a Comment