Monday, June 12, 2006

City of Auckland without Power for Four Hours

I woke up to the sound of my alarm this morning, at 8:30am, rolled-over and tried to go back to sleep, but a few minutes later, I was awoken by the sound of my router's hard-drive spinning down. I got up to find that the electricity was out. I decided that his was as good an excuse as any to go back to bed, so I did.

Later on, when one of my flatmates returned home early from work, I found out that there was apparently no power from at least the airport up to the harbour bridge, and was later told by another flatmate that infact there was no power from bombay all the way up to Whangaparoa (which is pretty much all of greater auckland).

Anyhow, our electricity came back on at around 12:30, but man, it must have been an expensive morning for everybody in Auckland.

[edit]
Seems that it was not as drastic as I heard, but here's a site that has the info:
http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,11964-5894860,00.html
[/edit]

No comments: