Yesterday I posted a list of things I would like to get done during my break... well, the e-commerce package is making great progress, but none of the other things have been getting a look in! The progress with the e-commerce ( I like to call it artstore, and henceforth will refer to it as such ) has been so good that I am not particularly worried! It has been getting progressively more object-oriented as I have plodded along, so to anyone looking at the code, they would be far more pleased with the cart than with the catalogue! Huh, just thought of some alterations that need to be made (like a section for shipping costs on the invoice that is generated).
How did that thought come up you ask? I was thinking about my most recent e-commerce experience: buying a textbook from amazon. I couldn't figure out how to choose air-mail, which brought the issue of shipping (and how I had completely ignored it) to my mind. Funny how things can trigger our minds.
The inspection by our landlord was really sweet today. He popped in, made sure none of the rooms were damaged, commented how he knew we were going to be good tenants, and left. A good afternoon's cleaning and gardening for 5 minutes visit from the landlord (but at least the house is clean and tidy now!), I almost feel ripped off!
I am disappointed in my lack of geeky things to talk about, my subscription to the Australian PC Authority magazine expired a couple of months back, and I haven't got round to re-subscribing yet, so I am semi-isolated from my usual stream of tech news and what not ( I don't browse the net for these things because I have been subscribed to the mag almost since it came out, and I haven't really learned where else to look ).
Anyhow, it's looking like it is decidedly past my nana-like bed-time, so I will end this now.
Over and out.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment