I came up with a new project that I want to try and take through to completion: PVR software. What the world lacks is a good free PVR app that allows you to record, timeshift, support multiple tuners, give you PinP (Picture in Picture), and play recorded files.
The current plan is to do it in C#, and this time I am going to very carefully plan and document the project because if there is one important thing I have learned both from working the support job that I am in now, and the freelance contracting I did last year it is this: If you don't carefully plan what you are going to do, and keep track of exactly how much you have done, you are not going to get things done properly.
I am tempted to even try to use some of the microsoft streaming media stuff so that I can stream the video around my flat! Interestingly enought I have tried to do this with VLC once already but it didn't seem to work (that said I wasn't at all sure what I was supposed to do), and on top of that I can't get VLC to open the video capture device! The motivation for all this comes from the fact that we haven't got a TV at our flat anymore. I was originally trying to get the TV tuner to work in Linux, but I can't quite get the audio to work, probably because of the order in which I am trying to load the modules.
I will probably get a sourceforge site to allow easy access to the system because I will probably open source it (may as well whilst I can afford to). I'll keep you all posted.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment