Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mummy, why am I different?

Am I alone in this world, or did anyone else actually not like Firefox2 the moment they saw it. When I installed it on my mac, everything ground to a halt, and when I installed it on windows it crashed.

So I went back to Safari on my mac for a while then decided to give Firefox a fair go, and I am reasonably happy with it. Tonight I tried again to put it onto my windows machine and same story, js3250.dll was crashing.

So, I installed IE7 instead and it worked just fine. Laughing at the irony of the situation I then proceeded to get Fx2 to work and ended up having to forcibly obliterate every last trace of anything remotely Mozillified on my machine, reboot and then install Fx2 again, and now it works.

So, back to the question at the start: Mummy, why am I different? Everybody else was in love with Fx2 from the moment it arrived (Danushka actually started using Firefox for goodness sake), yet I was foaming at the mouth in anger.

Oh well, all is well that ends will I suppose.

PS This was typed using Fx2, I love the inline spell checker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, yea that has to be one of the #1 most ironic situations ever:

1. Danushka starts using FireFox, a full 3 years after everyone else.
2. IE7 starts and runs faster and more stable than FF2
3. FF2 runs terribly on your Mac

its like the triple threat.. is that a sign of the apocalypses - am I one of the 4 horsemen? Will GUY EVER LOVE FIREFOX LIKE HE USED TO.... To find the answer to this and much more, tune in next time...