I am back home in Tauranga, having myself a nice little rest. I have had a reasonably busy semester thus far, I never seem to have any time, despite only having 18 hours of class a week, its madness! Anyhow, I only have one assignment to do, and one test to study for, although I will probably study all of my subjects, just to get me back onto the front foot for the start of the new term!
I deliberately didn't bring my PC with me so that I wouldn't get tempted to do any programming, or play Silkroad. Silkroad is a free MMORPG based around an actual Chinese trading route calle, funnliy enough, the Silk Road. The underlying story is that there are a whole bunch of monsters running around and disturbing the peace in China and you can play a part in stopping them. I have found that MMORPG's and RPG's are really my favourite two types of game (I am wary of the escapism factor though, and as such I try to be disciplined with how much I play).
I have also embarked upon the creation of one of those games where you have to shoot your opponent with a bow and arrow by selecting the correct angle and power. At the moment I am focussing on the basic 2D rendering environment, but eventually I hope to make a 3d version of it. I should take this moment to say that my PVR project is on hold because I have really bad reception in my room, and I really don't want to be able to watch TV at the moment because it is a huge waster of time, AND I don't really have all that much staying power when it comes to projects that arise out of my own special interests.
Meanwhile, I am slowly getting back into the swing of things for riding, I went for a 16km ride last Thursday evening, and a 20km ride yesterday evening. Both times my knee has been a little irritated afterwards, but I think with a brace I should be fine to gradually increase my distances.
I'll keep y'all posted on the game.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment